Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
We seek a Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) with a track-record in international commercialisation of novel medical devices and/or treatments in the orthopedic industry. You seek to improve the lives of many people with knee problems, especially those in the prime of their lives.
We are in the early commercialisation stage, with a vision to become a main player in a multi-billion market with a high impact on patient care.
It is key to understand the dynamics of healthcare insurers in assessing new orthopedic medical devices for reimbursement and to have an international network of orthopedic surgeons. The CCO will be responsible for the company’s market access and commercialisation strategy and roll-out.
The CCO will be member of the management team, next to the CEO and CMO.
We are ArthroSave
ArthroSave is an ambitious medtech start-up founded in 2016 and based in Culemborg, the Netherlands. Our mission is to let patients return to an active way of life by improvement of osteoarthritic joints. We have developed and validated the KneeReviver in clinical trials. Fifteen hospitals in five European countries have commercially used the KneeReviver. The time has come to get reimbursement approval in target countries, to prepare to scale and to get regulatory approval in the US. Clinical pilots and reimbursement trials will be part of the market access strategy. Funding and approval for a large clinical trial has been achieved and will speed up our success, but we do believe there is a lot more we can do in the short term in this large and growing market.
- Take a leading role in the management in developing and executing the company’s commercial growth strategy
- Investigate the optimal market access strategy for the EU target countries
- Set-up and manage the market access activities in key EU and US markets along local and national market access routes, including the execution of the reimbursement pathways
- Build and manage relationships with all parties in the healthcare system, including providers, payers (reimbursement pathway), government, patients and surgeons (key opinion leaders)
- Take responsibility for the marketing and commercialisation strategy and roll-out including stakeholder management to emphasize the need for the KneeReviver
- Fully understand the KneeReviver product, surgical technique and patient selection criteria
- Build and manage a commercial team with, distributors, business developers and sales reps
- Ensure that defined activities are executed within budget and within timelines
- Ensure that the market access activities lead to commercial sales after reimbursement
What do we offer?
You will be working in a team of passionate professionals, committed to our purpose and to each other. You will be given a lot of responsibility and freedom to operate, with plenty of support from the management team whenever you need it. We offer an attractive salary and a share-option package based on a full-time contract.
You will travel to develop the business and are expected to partly work from our office in Culemborg.
- 10+ year experience in commercial functions in medical devices, mainly in market access of orthopedic medical devices
- You know and understand the market dynamics in orthopedics
- You have commercial experience in European countries. Experience in the UK and Germany market is a plus.
- You would like to work in a start-up environment with an entrepreneurial and flexible mindset
- You have excellent commercial and social skills
- You are a strategic entrepreneurial thinker with a commercial mindset
- You have profound knowledge of market segmentation, marketing, direct sales, channel management, pricing strategies and product launch in the orthopedic medtech field
- You understand the hospital economics and medical reimbursement
- You are capable of managing product objections and misconceptions using clinical data and product knowledge
- You are a self-starter, eager to find your way despite budget limitation
- You are a team player and are able to lead and motivate others
- You like to travel to clients and business relations
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.